Monday, February 18, 2008

Looking for Review articles for MWR

When I became Chief Editor this year, one of my goals is to increase the number of Review articles we publish. Few may know, but one of the departments in MWR is entitled "Review." Few papers have been published over the years in that department. In my mind, two good examples include:

Keyser, D., and M. Shapiro, 1986: A Review of the Structure and Dynamics of Upper-Level Frontal Zones. Mon. Wea. Rev., 114, 452–499.

Schultz, D.M., and P.N. Schumacher, 1999: The Use and Misuse of Conditional Symmetric Instability. Mon. Wea. Rev., 127, 2709–2732; Corrigendum, 128, 1573.

If you are interested in contributing a Review article, please let me know. Also, if there is a topic of a Review article that you would like to see and that would be appropriate for MWR, please let us know and I will try to identify potential authors.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Sir,

Thanks very much for your effort in this regard.I am a Ph.D student, and finding your suggestions on the blog to be very useful for early carrier scientist me like.

It would be very useful if there could be some review articles on the following two topics:
(1) DYNAMICAL CORE OF GCMs
(2) CUMULUS PARAMETERIZATION

Thanks and Regards,
Saroj
_____________________________________________________
Saroj Kanta Mishra
Ph.D Scholar
Centre for Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences(C.A.O.S)
Division of Mechanical Sciences
Indian Institute of Science(I.I.Sc)
Bangalore-560 012
India
email:saroj@caos.iisc.ernet.in
*****************************************************

April 15, 2008 at 8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home